Leadership is the ability to inspire confidence and support among people who are needed to achieve organisational goals (DuBrin, 2013).
Leadership, however, isn’t just a role you hold at the office. Leadership goes to the heart of who you are in every aspect of your life. Research by Kouzes and Posner found the characters people looked for in a leader were that they were honest, competent, inspirational and forward-looking.
Take time to immerse yourself in our top five leadership videos picks that will inspire you to continue to build credibility as an authentic leader:
1. Simon Sinek: Leadership and being a leader
2. Simon Sinek: Why good leaders make you feel safe
3. Simon Sinek: If you don’t understand people, you don’t understand business
4. Simon Sinek: Starting with the why—How great leaders inspire action
5. Barry Posner: Why credibility is the foundation of leadership
What are you doing now to further develop your leadership ability?
Leadership is not about a title or a designation. It’s about impact, influence and inspiration. Impact involves getting results, influence is about spreading the passion you have for your work, and you have to inspire team-mates and customers.